mandag 24. oktober 2011

Travelblog

My diary from my trip to New Zealand:
Day 2
Today I have done a lot!
I have been to the beautiful Eden Park station. Eden Park is the biggest sports ground in Auckland, for both rugby and cricket.  It hosts both local and international matches. I watched the rugby match between All Blacks (New Zealand international rugby team) and France. All Blacks won easy, with the score 37-17. Before every international rugby match All Black perform a haka(a māori challenge). The haka scares the competitors  and has been performed since 1884.

I have also visited One Tree Hill or Maungakieke on māori . One Tree Hill is a 182 meters volcanic peak in Auckland. From the top I could see whole Auckland.
Tomorrow I am going to visit Tauranga and look at the cargo ship that is reason to a huge oil leak.
Fact: Did you know that the famous actor Rossell Crowe was born in New Zealand?
Sources
Picture

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar